Document Checklist

We do accept drop-offs! You are welcome to leave your information and documents with us and return later to review and sign your return.

Documents we are required to keep on file...
  • Copies of Drivers License or State IDs
  • Social Security Cards
  • Proof of residence for dependents to claim EIC
  • Proof of insurance for ACA (if filing a return when ACA was in force)
Income documents...
  • Earned income: Form W-2, Form 1099-MISC
  • Investment income: Form 2439, Form K-1, Form 1099-INT, Form 1099-DIV, Form 1099-B, bank statements, brokerage statements, mutual funds statements
  • Retirement: Form 1099-R, Form 8606
  • Social Security benefits: Form SSA-1099
  • Unemployment, State and Local Refunds: Form 1099-G
  • Business, rental property, farming: profit/loss statement, summary of income
  • Prior year installment sale information: Form 6252, including principal and interest collected during the year, and SSN and address of the payer
  • Taxable alimony received
  • Any other miscellaneus income: jury duty, gambling winnings and Form W2-G, Health/Medical Savings Account (HSA/MSA), scholarships, etc.
Expense documents...
  • Schedule A deductions: health insurance premiums, medical and dental expenses, medical mileage, mortgage and Form 1098, mortgage points paid, real estate taxes, state and local taxes, advalorem tax on vehicles and trailers, charitable donations and mileage, unremibursed employee expenses (mileage, continuing education, uniforms, supplies), union dues, etc.
  • Expenses for business, rental property, and farming, such as utility bills, supplies, and mileage
  • Estimated tax payments
  • Health/Medical Savings Account (HSA/MSA) contributions
  • Casualty and theft losses (please bring copy of police report)
  • Mortgage: 1098
  • Tuition: 1098-T
  • Educator expenses
  • Tax deductible alimony
  • Adpoption costs such as legal, medical, and transportation costs, and SSN of child
  • Contributions to a retirement account such as an IRA, 401(k) Keogh, SEP, SIMPLE, or self-employed pension plan
  • Receipts for certain energy efficient items
Other documents...
  • Routing and account numbers of the bank account you wish to direct deposit into